- About IMAThe objective of the Ireland Malaysia Association is to support bilateral relations between Ireland and Malaysia. It is both a valuable promotional tool for Ireland and a formal trade networking forum. Edward Murphy, Chairperson, IMA The Ireland Malaysia Association was formally established in May 2011. It is a member-driven and democratic association that provides a platform for Irish based organisations or individuals that have an interest in Malaysia through trade, education and culture. Membership of the IMA offers networking opportunities to make contacts, enhance knowledge and share experiences. The focus of the IMA is divided into three core areas - Developing trade and business relations between both countries - Creating and enhancing links with education and research groups with common interests - Introducing and promoting Malaysian culture in Ireland
- IMA EventsOne of the objectives of the IMA is to provide networking opportunities for members in the form of business briefings, delegation visits, seminars and informal events. IMA set to strengthen economic links with Malaysia The official launch of the Ireland Malaysia Association (IMA) was held at the spectacular Swai Malaysian Restaurant in Dublin’s IFSC. It was attended by a gathering of key political and business figures from Ireland, Malaysia and London. They included: The guest of Honour H.E. Ambassador Declan Kelly, Irish Ambassador to Malaysia The Chargé d’Affaires a.i. from the Embassy of Malaysia in Ireland Representatives from Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) and Malaysia Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) Members of the Malaysian Irish Business Network (MIBN) Conor McCarthy, the Executive Chairman of Dublin Aerospace and Director and Co-founder of AirAisa, Aisa’s largest low fares airline Private sector companies from the software, IT, telecoms, healthcare and professional services sectors Heads of Education from Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin Institute of Technology and Griffith College Dublin Speaking at the event, Edward Murphy, Chairperson of the IMA said ‘Latest CSO figures show that the total export and import trade between Ireland and Malaysia amounted to EUR1.39billion in 2009. This was split between EUR1.28billion in services and EUR11million in merchandise trade.’ Mr. Murphy continued ‘Malaysia is a valuable portal for trade into the growing economic ASEAN Region. Recognising this and the lack of a formal networking platform in Ireland to mirror the efforts of its counterpart, the Malaysian Irish Business Network (MIBN) in Malaysia, the IMA was born.’ Vincent Teo, a native of Johor, Malaysia and co-founder of the IMA commented ‘There is a strong appetite in Malaysia for Western culture and business skills.’ He continued ‘We are experiencing a significant increase in queries from Malaysian companies looking to Ireland as a location for operations and R&D. These organisations are primarily motivated by the access to our highly skilled workforce and the enviable low corporate tax rate.’ ‘The objectives of the IMA are to strengthen economic links and promote trade between both countries.’ Mr. Teo said. Mr. Murphy concluded ‘The strong support from Enterprise Ireland has been paramount to the formation of the IMA. Its existence comes at a critical time when building relationships with parties sharing mutual interests, both here and abroad, is key to the survival of our economy.’
- IMA News
- IMA MembershipMembership of the IMA is open to private enterprise, public and semi-state organisations, individual professionals and students. The significant benefits of the organisation include: - access to key trade and education figures with strong connections in Malaysia - an opportunity to promote your offering to a highly targeted audience - networking opportunities to make contacts, enhance knowledge and share experiences If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a member of this exciting and proactive association, please email us today for an application form.
- Contact IMAContact us today to find out more about the IMA and the many benefits of becoming a member. The Chairperson Ireland Malaysia Association 16-17 College Green Dublin 2 Tel: +353 1 6177976 Email: email@example.com
- Members AreaWelcome to the members area. As a subscribed member of the Ireland Malaysia Association, you have access to this password protected section of the website. The benefits of this area for you include: Individual profile page Within these pages, you have the opportunity to profile your organisation. If you have not already done so, please send the following information to Fiona Barclay and we will build an individual member page for you: - your logo as a jpeg file - 250 word profile of your organisation - phone address and email of key contacts IMA Newsletters You will have access to the archive of IMA Newsletters. Please remember to send your news stories to Fiona Barclay for inclusion in future newsletters as part of your PR campaigns. Information Within this section we will post relevant business guides and useful information. If you have something that you would like to submit please email in Microsoft Word format to us.
Membership of IMA
1Membership of the IMA is open to private enterprise, public and semi-state organisations, individual professionals and students. Read more about the benefits for you as a member..
Find out what analysts said about Malaysia being the gateway to trade in ASEAN at our recent event.
Get In Touch
3We would like to learn more about you and your interest in Malaysia. Contact us today and let us share our knowledge and experience..